Page 466 of 519 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 5187

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Afternoon, Cobbers! Well I'm back in the workshop again getting ready to think about putting the shop vac to work. Just lit up a bowl of Proper English in the General cobwarden.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

I seem to be in a rut, came inside for more 5100 Red Cake. The stuff is really hitting the spot right now. And the CobWasp is getting a workout. I'm likely to smoke nothing else for the next few days. I mean it's great baccy, it's a cob, and I've got pipe cleaners....why bust up a good thing right.

The neighbors are having a little get together out back so the trio of kitties are staying out of sight. But that didn't stop Tiger from coming up. She braved the crowd and had the whole bowl of food to herself tonight.

I'm going to put the red VA aside for the evening, fill up and cob with some Reiner LGF, and stream Apocalypse Now on the TV.

Good Sunday morning all. Just had a Cobbler of Reiner LGF, have enough left for a few more bowls. Was out on the deck feeding the kitties and noticed a little more humidity has crept in overnight. Saw a report on the news earlier that it has been the hottest May on record here which I found shocking. Maybe I'm getting so old I just can't tell the difference.

Just finished watching the Card's take 2 of 3 from the Pirates. If this team ever decides to hit with some consistency, they may be good. They certainly have the pitching. On to Milwaukee now and looking forward to the season debut of Alex Reyes on Wednesday.

Temperature is 94F, definitely heating up now around here so I've moved away from the afternoon coffee and onto iced tea. Had another bowl of LGF earlier and after dinner in a bit we're going to hit the back deck and catch the fireworks display on the riverfront. By then it'll be Curly Block in my cob with the possibility of some GH Dark Plug before that.

Hope everyone's holiday weekend is going splendidly.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Having a short smoke of Proper English in preparation for watching "Downton Abbey" on TV.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Having a short smoke of Proper English in preparation for watching "Downton Abbey" on TV.
    For a few years that was a Sunday night ritual for the Mrs. and I during the cold, dark winter months after Christmas.
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning everyone. The cat's are fed and the coffee is fresh. Starting my day with some C&D Night Train in a Diplomat Apple. Later this morning we'll be walking down to the riverfront for the Memorial Day services. Depending on the crowd and the temperature we may stick around for a while after it's over. I will pack my old Missouri Pride with Missouri Pride tobacco for the occasion.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

And Good Morning to You All, Cobbers! I decided to get an early start on weeding the rear flower garden before it gets too hot. I should have most of it done here soon, but I'm taking a back rest break. The Three Friars have been helping me out in the Washington cob, need to get some cold water for the side.
    Russ

Real Name
    Thomas

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    And Good Morning to You All, Cobbers! I decided to get an early start on weeding the rear flower garden before it gets too hot. I should have most of it done here soon, but I'm taking a back rest break. The Three Friars have been helping me out in the Washington cob, need to get some cold water for the side.
    Hoe, hoe, hoe.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde