Page 475 of 480 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 4799

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hot (96F) day is almost over. Landlord just left a little while ago and we now have a window AC working OT to bring the temps down. While not as good as the central air, it's way better than nothing and certainly much better than the week we had about 5 years ago. Back then we were without power for 8 days during the hottest time of the year. Every day was over 100F and we set records for high lows during the overnight hours. Nothing like laying in a pool of your own sweat while trying to sleep. So this day was more than bearable. The central air will hopefully be back on tomorrow, a bad capacitor he says was the culprit and an easy fix once he gets the part in hand.

I spent most of the day chasing the shade. Plenty of iced tea, a Cobbler, and my jar of OGS to see me through.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Morning everyone. A good night's sleep is a wonderful thing. Having a small bowl of PH GS in a Twain with my morning coffee. A quick shower is next and then a trip for state inspections on the car is in order. Hoping that goes well and leaves me with a few pennies for a small tobacco order. I don't need any more baccy, but there's a few things I want to try. Want/need...it's a fine line.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Greetings, All Ye Cobbers! I just loaded up the Washington cob with five year old C&D Haunted Bookshop, a VaBur blend with a bit of Perique mixed in. It's mellow, flavorful with no sharp edges, and the aging has really allowed the component tobaccos to mingle together. Thank you, Rockbass!
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Back from my car inspections/maintenance duties. The good news is I'm good for another two years of legal driving. The bad news is I'm good for another two years of driving and paid for it, no baccy money this month, haha. It's all good though, I'm very thankful for my retirement cellar.

I now await the return of the Landlord and the central AC fix. It's still early, but not quite as hot out as it was yesterday, and with a few clouds it's not too shabby. The window unit he installed is doing a decent job of keeping the place comfortable so I'm toying with the idea of turning the miners back on. Every little bit helps.

Smoking more of that PH GS in a Cobbler, iced tea on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Greetings, All Ye Cobbers! I just loaded up the Washington cob with five year old C&D Haunted Bookshop, a VaBur blend with a bit of Perique mixed in. It's mellow, flavorful with no sharp edges, and the aging has really allowed the component tobaccos to mingle together. Thank you, Rockbass!
    Haunted Bookshop is great stuff.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Haunted Bookshop is great stuff.
    This aged batch is just made for sipping and that really makes it shine.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    This aged batch is just made for sipping and that really makes it shine.
    Sounds wonderful, and tip of the cap to Rockbass.

Pleased to say the central AC is back on and purring along, welcome relief on this hot and humid day. The Landlord left the window unit for backup and that's much appreciated as well. Puffing on a bowl of 11 year old OGS in what else, a Cobbler. As good as this is I think the 5 year old PH Golden Sliced is just as tasty and just a little sweeter. OGS gets a lot of praise, and rightfully so. PH GS is, IMHO, another benchmark VA that falls under the radar and a worthy smoke for any VA fan.

I have a real treat in store for later. I received a generous amount of Peacehaven in the mail today today from Brooklyn, thank you Bill! I've never had this one so I'm really looking forward to trying it. The bag note is intriguing, I'm getting a light fruity, apricot like aroma. I'll be laying flame to this one soon!
    Last edited by Corndog; 06-11-2018 at 22:50.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    I have a real treat in store for later. I received a generous amount of Peacehaven in the mail today today from Canada, thank you Bill! I've never had this one so I'm really looking forward to trying it.
    Good on you and Bill!
    Russ

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Having another bowl of that wonderful Rockbass-aged Haunted Bookshop in the Washington cob, a swallow of coffee left on the side.
    Russ