Page 514 of 569 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 5689

Thread: What's Burning In Your Cob?

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Almost time to get ready to get going here and now it's looking like we may get a shower, but I always take my Sun glasses just in case. I think that I'll take along the Pride instead of the Rockbass Stanwell so I can show those guys in the mostly-cigars shop what a real pipe looks like when I pick up my pipe cleaners.
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

Rain showers on and off have cooled things off considerably but it's still muggy. Just finished a bowl of PH Curly Block in a Cobbler with iced tea on the side. This particular Cobbler has been smoked at least once or twice a day since I got it several months ago so I think it's broken in by now.

I also prepped and jarred some some Curly Block. Enough to last me a week or so depending is now at the ready.

And thanks goes out to WVDAVE for my after dinner smoke tonight, which will be GH Grasmere Flake. But I'll be smoking it in my Heinz 57 Pete and not a cob. Wouldn't want to ghost a cob with the Rose Geranium Lakeland thang.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

As mentioned in a previous thread, I went to the cigar shop looking for pipe cleaners, but they were sold out of what I needed. Figures. I could have picked up a few packs of Dill's pipe cleaners while grocery shopping, but I find they're as useful as a piece of wire. Not a fan of Dill's and I'd rather go without. But I did take the Pride for a ride and smoked some fresh OGS and aged Haunted Bookshop, so all was not for naught.
    Russ

A simple life creates more time for living.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Mixture (Scottish Blend) in the Pride. What a nice relaxing smoke.
    "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!" Edgar Allan Poe

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning everyone. Started my day off with Solani ABF in a Cobbler and the usual coffee on the side. Now about to have PH Curly Block in a neked Cobbler with more coffee before the suns gets up over the treeline out back.

Thanks to WVDAVE I had an enjoyable bowl of Grasmere Flake last evening and now I'm mulling over a GH order just when I thought I was set with baccy and it's been awhile, so I think it's time I crack open the jar of Grousemoor Plug and prep some of that.

Mixture Scottish in my Pride. I'm glad you enjoyed the Grasmere Corndog.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDAVE View Post
    Mixture Scottish in my Pride. I'm glad you enjoyed the Grasmere Corndog.
    Just finished my 2nd bowl of it, in the Pete. I do like it a lot. That granny smell seemed to burn off quickly this time, that, or I'm just getting used to it.

Next up will be some HU LA Broken in a Cobbler but I'm going to have to find some shade for that one. It's not hot yet, but the sun is shining brightly, but that's OK and will help make a nice jug of sun tea for later.

Managed to find some shade on the front deck, thank god for the big old maple tree, and smoked that LA Broken. It was enjoyed with a tall glass of iced tea. It sure feels hotter out today than what they're saying and I must be crazy because I just hit the brew button on a 2nd pot of coffee for the day. I just rubbed out a flake of FVF and I'm going back out to the back deck where the shade has now returned. I prefer the lazy way to the back deck as it's just a matter of opening the door and stepping out where I can plop my butt in a chair. The front deck, on the other hand, requires I open one door and walk down the hall to a second door before I'm completely outside. Once there I have to walk all the way to the far end of the deck to find the shade and my chair. Ah, the life of a fat, lazy, retired old geezer can be full of such hurdles, but I manged to make out just fine.

As for the FVF, I usually fold and stuff with a twist but decided this time I'd rub 'er out. Again, taking the lazy way to a faster drying smoke. Physical workouts and mental decisions such as this are exhausting. It's been a tough day.

Smoking more Golden Extra in my Pride. I hoping the rain will stop before my youngest son has soccer practice at 6:00 pm.

Real Name
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Managed to find some shade on the front deck, thank god for the big old maple tree, and smoked that LA Broken. It was enjoyed with a tall glass of iced tea. It sure feels hotter out today than what they're saying and I must be crazy because I just hit the brew button on a 2nd pot of coffee for the day. I just rubbed out a flake of FVF and I'm going back out to the back deck where the shade has now returned. I prefer the lazy way to the back deck as it's just a matter of opening the door and stepping out where I can plop my butt in a chair. The front deck, on the other hand, requires I open one door and walk down the hall to a second door before I'm completely outside. Once there I have to walk all the way to the far end of the deck to find the shade and my chair. Ah, the life of a fat, lazy, retired old geezer can be full of such hurdles, but I manged to make out just fine.

As for the FVF, I usually fold and stuff with a twist but decided this time I'd rub 'er out. Again, taking the lazy way to a faster drying smoke. Physical workouts and mental decisions such as this are exhausting. It's been a tough day.
    I feel your pain CD. I had walk across the kitchen to the bathroom seven times since 06:00! I'm bushed and maybe dehydrated.
    I can resist anything but temptation.