Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J Gilliam - some filtered pipes

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

J Gilliam - some filtered pipes

Happy Sunday everybody... may your day be Sunny unlike the rainly/drizzly day I'm having here... finally some pipes designed around a 9mm filter

Smoke in Peace

james

Fliptail Filtered Egg

Fliptail Filtered Blowfish

Ria Rusticated Fliptail Filtered Egg

Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jogilli View Post
    Happy Sunday everybody... may your day be Sunny unlike the rainly/drizzly day I'm having here... finally some pipes designed around a 9mm filter
    Happy Sunday to you as well, James; where is here at the moment - still in Germany?

You were missed at Nottingham. A memory from earlier years:
    James Gilliam.jpg

Lovely pipes as always.
    Last edited by jimbo44; 06-12-2016 at 13:52.
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

yes... still in germany for a few weeks before my extended "travel" for about 10 months back and forth between the homeland and here.. I actually worked on a lovat in response to your challenge to make a classic english pipe... it had to be sandblasted and didn't take well to the sandblasting.... too many soft spots in the briar... looked like the Michelin man around the bowl.... i'll post a picture of it when its done.. but now its rusticated... total failure.... haha.. life lesson: not all pieces of briar are made to be sandblasted.. haha

you got no idea how much I missed not attending.. but had to go to Cameroon for a week... I bet the food in Nottingham was better....and so was the water for that matter... nothing like getting a case of "mud butt" while on the road

james
    Last edited by jogilli; 06-12-2016 at 13:56.

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Here's a not done yet pic....

image.jpeg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by jogilli View Post
    Here's a not done yet pic....
    Attachment 33878
    Now were talking James!

Real Name
    Nigel
    Pipe smoker since
    approx 20 years

Great work as ever James. As Jim said you were missed at Nottingham, hopefully sometime in the not too distant future we can meet again. Loving the rustication on that lovat.
    Regards,

Nigel

:-) .... thanks fellas... maybe next year .... i'm hoping I can make it anyway

james

Real Name
    Mark
    Pipe smoker since
    1970 with an interruption of 40 years while I was smoking only cigarettes

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Lovely pipes. Congratulations. The Lovat photo looks like an ad for a summer vacation. Was that in Cameroon? But maybe you could drop the filters???
    The blowfish you made for me remains one of my favourites. But the stubby from Chris Askwith is giving it hard competition.

All my best

Mark

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Mark

The lovat picture was taken on my patio... I'm not happy with the pipe though, as it had thicker walls before I had to sand it down in order to rusticate it... I don't normally do filter pipes, but there is a show in Germany in September and filter pipes are always a good thing to have on your table... I usually have just one... So I figured I have a few to choose from.. Haha..

What? Chris' pipe is giving me a run for the favorite spot.... Nnnnoooooooo it can't be... Haha..

Chris makes a great pipe... I have one of his devil anse pipes.. Great pipe.. But not better than mine .. Haha ... About two years ago I got to spend 4 days with him in his shop... One of the most memorable weekends I've had..... BPSC is always a hoot... If I didn't have to travel that weekend if have been there... It's always nice to catch up with Chris and Robert on the makers side....and nothing beats the conversation at the show...

Btw in the slow smoke contest.... I out smoked Chris both times I was in the completion... Too bad he showed me how to do it the first time I attended .. :-)

James

Real Name
    Mark
    Pipe smoker since
    1970 with an interruption of 40 years while I was smoking only cigarettes

Why don't you work it out with Chris who makes a better pipe. I just like both of them.
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast