Thread: WTT: My Latakia for VA, VaPer

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

WTT: My Latakia for VA, VaPer

Since I've got some Lat blends I no longer smoke taking up cellar space I thought I'd just as well try and swap them for something I like. I have two sealed tins from 2007. One is an 8oz. tin of GLP Westminster, the other is a 2oz. tin of Pelican. Looking to get an equal amount of VA/Vaper in return.

Thanks for looking!
    ...to the topTop

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Adding on a few more. McClelland Anniversary (green wax - 2005), Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian (2006), current H&H Whiteknight, and two tins of current Balkan Sobranie.

I also have some McClelland Orientals like No. 1, 6, 8, 12, 14 with a good bit of age I'd be willing to trade. That's pretty much all I have left of anything with Latakia in the blend. Not looking to make anything off of this, I'd just rather have something I'd enjoy smoking in return, VA, VaPer, and I do like some Burley and black cav in my VaPers from time to time. I would also be open to someone taking the whole lot in return for a donation to this web site to help with the cost of running this place. In that case, all I would ask is the buyer cover shipping costs.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I have been swerving away from Lat blends too. I still like them to a degree but have to be in the mood. I suppose this comes from smoking nothing else but those blends for so many years and then by forum members leading me astray and brainwashing me into all these other blends I didn't know existed. Some good trade material there someone will take you up on it, I'm sure.
    "The box with the least amount of matches makes the most noise." MWB
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklin Bill View Post
    I have been swerving away from Lat blends too. I still like them to a degree but have to be in the mood. I suppose this comes from smoking nothing else but those blends for so many years and then by forum members leading me astray and brainwashing me into all these other blends I didn't know existed. Some good trade material there someone will take you up on it, I'm sure.
    I'm to the point I don't like them at all anymore. To my tastes even a little "pinch" overwhelms what may have been a decent blend without the stuff. SPC's Mississippi River would be stellar if they just forgot to add the Lat, haha, so it's not like I don't like orientals in the mix. The last Lat blend I enjoyed was Dunhill Nightcap but only because it was well aged, meaning the Lat had faded and the VA was shining brightly. It was good stuff.

I just want this to go to someone who will enjoy it. I have plenty of good VA/VaPers in my cellar to see me through and I'll never touch this stuff. Money is tight for me now and I'd like to contribute to the costs of running this fine place. I'm thinking now I should have just made this an auction of sorts to benefit PSU.
    ...to the topTop

Three days in with little interest, please close this. The offer is off the table, thanks all!
    ...to the topTop

Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Trouble is, we've all matured in the same direction!

Request granted.
    Last edited by jimbo44; 12-09-2016 at 10:37.
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes
    ...to the topTop