Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Help me Find Good Aromatics

Help me Find Good Aromatics

I've been playing around with Bright CR Flake since I'm not a big fan of it on its own, I decided to experiment with it.
    I added 5 drops of geranium to 5ml of Everclear and it turned out pretty darn good. I later added 3 drops of essential rose oil and the result is pretty much Grasmere Flake.

This was fun and probably as complex as I'll ever take it but I'm hoping some of you are still working in your laboratories concocting some wicked sauce.
    Last edited by Hawky454; 06-22-2017 at 23:17.

Pipe smoker since

If no one said it (I'm too lazy to read through all 14 previous pages), G & H Kendal Flake is quite the charmer! I personally love it, along with Ennerdale Flake.
    Happy Puffing!

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffer View Post
    If no one said it (I'm too lazy to read through all 14 previous pages), G & H Kendal Flake is quite the charmer! I personally love it, along with Ennerdale Flake.
    I agree with you, it's got a very complex, satisfying top dressing that really hits the dpot from time to time.

Troy, have you ever tried Dark Flake Scented? I think you might actually like that one. If you haven't tried it or it's been awhile let me know and I'll happily send you a sample. I know you said you wanted to revisit some Tobaccos with the Lakeland essence, just let me know which ones and I'll send you samples of those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    I agree with you, it's got a very complex, satisfying top dressing that really hits the dpot from time to time.

Troy, have you ever tried Dark Flake Scented? I think you might actually like that one. If you haven't tried it or it's been awhile let me know and I'll happily send you a sample. I know you said you wanted to revisit some Tobaccos with the Lakeland essence, just let me know which ones and I'll send you samples of those as well.
    I love DFS,
    it's good stuff.

Although I am now armed with all necessary supplies, I've yet to get dirty and take the plunge with experimentation, I need to get off my lazyass and try to mix some stuff up and see what comes of it.

I am highly appreciative of all the feedback, notes, and flavour experiments that y'all have done.
    Thanks for sharing and giving inspiration.

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I thought I'd update this thread with some of the wonderful aromatics that I've found from HU Tobaccos.

I feel like Sissinghurst is the blend we've all been looking for regarding a more heavily sauced St. Bruno style blend. Sissinghurst may be our answer? It's certainly my answer. The problem that I see for MLC is that based off memory alone, this stuff tastes an awful lot like Maltan RR. which in my opinion is a good thing since it's a much cheaper alternative to the $12 per 25g pouch that Maltan goes for. I have one more pouch of Maltan that I plan on opening up soon for comparison as I'm sure it has its differences. I also highly recommend HU Daddy Gefftl and I could see it really enhancing LLD.

Troy, send me your address and I'll have some samples off to you. I know you're on the road now but just PM when you get back. I've been wanting to send something your way for a long time now and what better time than now?

Oh and that reminds me! I have a jar of Erinmore Flake mixed with Lakeland Dark that's been brewing for over a month now... should be ready by now. I'll give er test drive.
    Last edited by Hawky454; 07-16-2017 at 16:27.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I don't know where you placed your last HU order, but Esterval's has Salty Dogs for a great price! I know you were looking for a new vendor and I've had a great service from these cats. I was blown away to see It go for under $10 a pouch!
    Last edited by Hawky454; 07-16-2017 at 16:39.

Real Name
    David Allen Revelle
    Pipe smoker since
    if we go back to 05 that eans about ten years

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    The problem I have with smoking blends all day, everyday is I tend to see them in a different light and get bored of them and/or get sick of their taste profile. Do you think that some of the problem could be related to just over doing it with Condor? I'm relatively new to Condor so the stuff that's on the market now is the stuff I fell in love with, I have no other reference point. I taste a beautifully floral tobacco that's rich with citrus notes synergistically working with the darker notes to bring a truly unique smoking experience. I think I would really tire of it if I smoked it all day, every day which is why I like to keep it as a treat as opposed to an all day smoke. For my all day smokes I need something like Bayou Morning that's just pure tobacco flavor as it's something I'll never burn out on.

I love Dan Tobacco aromatics! Have you looked through their offerings, ya might get some good ideas there.

Gonna have to experiment with Lakeland Dark now! Thanks for the inspiration! I still think you really need to get your hands on some Westmorland Slices, I think you would love it! I wish I had more or I would send you some but I went through my stash real quick.
    this is exactly why im almost done with captain black... if you can find it you might try smokers pride vanilla

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415