Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GQ Tobacco Resurrection ... Kinda ...

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    I wonder if Glynn is working with a bigger established blender/producer, I could see that working.
    That is a happy thought. If this is indeed what is happening, I hope he partners with the Gawiths.

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hope this can be attached to this thread.For quite a few years now I have been using JM Boswell as my prime supplier of tobacco and have never found anything wanting either in taste, quality or assortment.Boswell's customer service is second to none yet I don't hear too many comments about them.They have just opened a second store in Lancaster PA I believe. Just wondering how many other members have tried them.

Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Buroak View Post
    That is a happy thought. If this is indeed what is happening, I hope he partners with the Gawiths.
    I thought that but it's a retailer who needs a internet presence.
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

I do hope the best for Glynn and it would be great to see him back in the, I think, important driving role he has been playing in the British pipe scene, helping greatly with the pipe competitions and shows.

As to Boswell's, they were much more of a topic when I was first on American pipe forums over ten years ago. They had an enthusiastic following that very much kept the company in the conversation. There's certainly been much less talk of them recently.

Best wishes
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by craigmillar View Post
    Hope this can be attached to this thread.For quite a few years now I have been using JM Boswell as my prime supplier of tobacco and have never found anything wanting either in taste, quality or assortment.Boswell's customer service is second to none yet I don't hear too many comments about them.They have just opened a second store in Lancaster PA I believe. Just wondering how many other members have tried them.
    I've tried their stuff and I do like some of their blends but they are very American in nature and I swing more towards the British tobaccos which is why I loved Glynn Q. Tobaccos so much. He offered a lot of hard to obtain blends.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    I thought that but it's a retailer who needs a internet presence.
    Chris, himself, has said that small batch blends are things of the past but I could still see him licensing a few of his better selling recipes to Gawith for mainstream production and sale through other online vendors. We'd still probably be SOL here in the states though.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Gus
    Pipe smoker since
    my firts pipe in 1986

Great news if confirmed, GQ has very good mixtures

Pipe smoker since

Latest from Glynn on facebook:

"Well my final day as GQ Tobaccos, a few orders to pack and it's over. A weird mix of emotions, but finally get to start a new chapter in my life.
    Thank you again to all of you that went from customers name on a order sheet to being good friends. It's been an honour serving you and sharing our combined love for leaf & briar.
    Tomorrow I hand over the reins to Sam, a young, polite, friendly & enthusiastic member of our industry. I hope you all are willing to give him a chance and welcome him to brother/sisterhood that is our community.
    Thank you again everyone, after almost 15 years in this industry the last 3 has been amazing. Stressful & knackering but a pleasure from sun rise to sunset.
    "
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    Latest from Glynn on facebook:

"Well my final day as GQ Tobaccos, a few orders to pack and it's over. A weird mix of emotions, but finally get to start a new chapter in my life.
    Thank you again to all of you that went from customers name on a order sheet to being good friends. It's been an honour serving you and sharing our combined love for leaf & briar.
    Tomorrow I hand over the reins to Sam, a young, polite, friendly & enthusiastic member of our industry. I hope you all are willing to give him a chance and welcome him to brother/sisterhood that is our community.
    Thank you again everyone, after almost 15 years in this industry the last 3 has been amazing. Stressful & knackering but a pleasure from sun rise to sunset.
    "
    Damn shame, especially when you think," what and how good it could have been"

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    Damn shame, especially when you think," what and how good it could have been"
    Absolutely, Ally! I wonder what his "new chapter" will be? Hopefully it will in some way involve pipe tobacco blending.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast