Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: Cooking?/Eating In?/Eating Out?

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    However, using the air fryer I could shoogle the chips in goose fat before bunging them in the air fryer - brilliant!!
    No goose fat here but pork fat is widely available...comes in a tub with the consistency of thick porridge. I've been wanting to buy and cook with it. Here they use it a lot when making bread/pastry. I was going to use it as a replacement for beef suet when making pastry for a steak and kidney pudding but still to get around to doing it.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Despite not being a fan of them it'll be Pizza for us tonight....from the only place in town that makes the thin crust type I can just about stomach. The wife loves them though.

Real Name
    Dave

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Sausage and mushroom saute/braise is going. Reserved some of the mushrooms for an omelette because of having the brilliant idea of using black truffle oil for when I cook the eggs.

Real Name
    Dave

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Since I was in a cooking mood, just made some Brownies Supere. Box mix (it was Pillsbury's) which calls for 2/3 cup of oil (which in my world means melted butter), 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water. Melted the butter in the microwave with an additional heaping cup of Ghirardelli 60% chocolate, added 1 tbsp of vanilla extract, 2 tsp of sugar, and substituted French Roast/Hazelnut coffee for the water.

I actually have some hazelnut oil around here, a dash of that would have been interesting, or even some Frangelico...I could see these garnished with finely chopped hazelnuts!

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    Since I was in a cooking mood, just made some Brownies Supere. Box mix (it was Pillsbury's) which calls for 2/3 cup of oil (which in my world means melted butter), 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water. Melted the butter in the microwave with an additional heaping cup of Ghirardelli 60% chocolate, added 1 tbsp of vanilla extract, 2 tsp of sugar, and substituted French Roast/Hazelnut coffee for the water.

I actually have some hazelnut oil around here, a dash of that would have been interesting, or even some Frangelico...I could see these garnished with finely chopped hazelnuts!
    I've got a sweet tooth Dave so that's right up my street.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465